Audience visibility can effect which learning items are displayed to users within the course catalogue.
Enabling Audience-based visibility:
- Click the cogwheel in the upper right-hand side of Totara to open the Administration menu.
- Click ‘Advanced features’ under Configuration.
- Scroll down on the page and find ‘Enable audience-based visibility’ and click the checkbox to enable it.
- Scroll down and click ‘Save changes’.
Making a course visible to audience(s):
- Go to the course you want to change the visibility of.
- From the administration block on the left-hand side, click ‘Edit settings’
- Scroll down to the Audience-based visibility section and set the ‘Visibility’ drop down to ‘Enrolled users and members of the selected audiences ‘
- Click the ‘Add visible audiences’ button.
- From the list of audiences, select the ones you want to be able to see this course then click ‘OK’ in the bottom right.
- Scroll down and click ‘Save and display’.
Now only the selected audience(s) and any enrolled users are able to see this course within the catalogue.